The Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS is seeking a candidate for the position of: Post-doctoral fellow
Number of available positions: 1
Place of work: Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences
Researcher career profiles (R1-R4): R2
Field of science: Neuroscience
- Strong interest in the brain research, especially in understanding the brain-mind connection
- PhD degree, or equivalent, in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, physics/biophysics, biology, psychology, medical or veterinary sciences
- Exceptional motivation for the scientific research (demonstrated via publications, references of the candidate’s thesis tutor)
- Proficiency in English
Project leaders: Ewelina Knapska
Nencki-EMBL Center of Excellence for Neural Plasticity and Brain Disorders: BRAINCITY
Project is carried out within the MAB/IRA programme of the Foundation for Polish Science
Scope of the project:
To study aberrant synaptic plasticity that underlies diseased mind
Knapska lab research is focused on investigation of neural representations of emotional states in interacting animals and humans. Using behavioral models of socially transferred positive and negative emotions as well as high-throughput behavioral measures of social interactions of their own design (Eco-HAB system, Puscian et al., eLife, 2016), neuronal tracing and optogenetics, as well as brain imaging, they characterize neuronal circuits and cellular mechanisms underlying social interactions of humans, rats and mice and validate tissue-specific therapeutic interventions using mouse models of synaptopathies relevant to autism spectrum disorders (Meyza et al., Neurosci Biobehav Rev., 2017). Postdoctoral candidates are expected to propose their own research project, complementary to these studies.
Key responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Researcher include:
- Planning and conducting experimental work
- Data analysis
- Manuscript preparation
- Supervision of PhD students
Job starting date: December 2020
Duration of the position of up to three years.
Application procedure and deadline:
Closing date for applications: November 15th, 2020.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com Please, use ”postdoc EK” as a title of your message
- Full-time employment contract in the top-ranked research institute in Poland.
- 15 000 PLN of full remuneration cost, i.e. expected net salary at c.a. 9 000 PLN/month (ca. 2 000 EUR/month).
- Access to modern equipment and support from other experienced researchers.
- Possibility for extensive interdisciplinary collaborations within the team and in the Institute, as well as international collaborations with academia
Required documents (in English):
3. 2 letters of recommendation
4. Copy of PhD diploma (or equivalent)
5. Contact information, including e-mail address and phone number
6. The candidates may include additional information or copies of documents/certificates in support of the application
For more details about the position please visit: http://knapskalab.eu/index.php/en/
Please include the following clause in your CV:
“I give consent for my personal data included in the recruitment form to be processed by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3 (data controller) for the purposes of recruitment for Post-doctoral researcher position pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and to the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC in compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject to (Art. 6 section 1 letter a) and the Act on personal data protection of 10 May 2018 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1000).”
The Controller of data is Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS with its registered seat in Warsaw at Pasteur Street No. 3.
Contact Details of the Personal Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data in the recruitment form is collected and will be processed only for the purposes of recruitment for listed position conducted by Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology PAS.
Giving consent for the processing of your personal data is voluntary; however, it is necessary to take part in recruitment. You can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of the consent does not influence the lawfulness of any processing performed before the consent withdrawal.
Personal data collected in order to perform the recruitment process shall be processed throughout the period of time necessary for the organization and completion of the recruitment process, as well as for considering a possible complaint; however, not longer than up to 31.12.2020.
Personal data will not be transferred to a third party.
You have the right to request the data controller for access to your personal data, to edit or limit its processing, as well as to raise an objection or transfer your data. You are also entitled to file a complaint to the supervisory body (President of the Office for Personal Data Protection).